Monday, September 17, 2012

She's a Star!

Makayla has just started taking theater classes at Amarillo Little Theater. People have been telling us for years that she should be in acting and we joked about it too! Now, I'm wishing we had done it sooner! They held the auditions last week for Alice in Wonderland. Makayla only had two days notice of the audition and we have never done this before! She worked so hard reading the script and pronouncing words and making facial expressions.
Auditions were on Thursday night and I was so nervous for her! She did so so good! She was asked to read for him 3 times that night. We had to wait until Sunday night at 5pm to get the cast list and we didn't say anything to her about it, we didn't want her to be nervous or anxious.
At 5:00 we pulled up the list ( ok, I checked it all afternoon just in case) and..... she was on it!!!!
She will be in Amarillo Little Theater's production of Alice in Wonderland in November! We are so proud of her!

No comments:

Post a Comment