Today, I am so thankful for true friendship!
I have been best friends with Ashley Hadwin since kindergarten.
We have been through thick and thin. We know each others deep dark secrets.
We've gone through grade school, high school (somehow), marriage and children.
We were maid/ matron of honor at each other's weddings.
Her parents played major roles in my childhood and I truly believe they helped shape the person I am today.
We may not live in the same town anymore but if you saw us together, you wouldn't know it. When we see each other we pick up right where we left off, as if no time has lapsed. We can call each other at anytime and the other person will stop and listen. We live the true meaning of being there for each other.
We were able to get out alone today for lunch and shopping on the river. We ran into a sweet lady who has known us since elementary school and she asked us,"y'all are still best friends??!!" We answered, "yes we are actually. We have been best friends for 25 years!
That's right, 25 years!
I know I am blessed beyond measure with Ashley in my life. Some people go their whole life not having a friend and I have had a best friend since I was 5 years old.

No comments:
Post a Comment