Thursday, June 20, 2013

A big milestone!

When I first set out on my weight loss journey, I had a number in my head. My goal was to lose 60 pounds. This morning I hit that number!! Since it was a special occasion I decided to pull out my "Jared Jeans". Yes, I named them after the Subway guy!
   Next week is my six month post-op mark. What has changed? Everything! I still to this day have not had a sip of caffeine. I eat very little sugar and carbs, my diet is all protein based. I also have become a gym junkie. I never thought I would say that, but I do love it. I love the sense of power it gives me and I love to see the changes, no matter how small it makes in my body. I also love working out with James and that it gives us one more thing to do together. My general health is so much better, I have only been sick once and it was a sinus infection. I sleep so much better and have tons of energy. I secretly love the fact that my husband carries me around and can literally throw me across the bed when we have WWE matches with the boys.
 I have to confess, I had my ah-ha moment a few weeks bathing suit shopping, and it happened in the dressing room in Dillard's. Yes, I sat in the dressing room and cried like a baby, it was my moment when I realized how far I had come.
   In the last six months I have encountered different types of people, people who did not know me before and can't believe I was ever morbidly obese. People who have supported me, lifted me up and answered my questions. Then there are the people who are surgery critics, I have never for a second regretted my decision no matter how drastic some people find it to be, it was the right choice for me and my walk. Let's not forget the people who's cousin's sister's babies momma had the surgery and gained all their weight back! Aw, I love this group of people! I view this surgery as a tool not a cure-all. You absolutely can not have surgery and then sit on your bum and eat whatever you want! Surgery is a jump start tool. My diet has changed 100 percent, my lifestyle has changed I am very active now and gym time is a part of my schedule.  I still see my doctor and nutritionist and will see them for the rest of my life. My diet and gym time will not change just because I met my goal weight,I still strive to be healthy and the truth is, my body is still losing weight. I will be on my vitamin and protein regime for life. With any healthy lifestyle and diet no matter what it is, it has to be a full-time commitment. OK, enough of my rambling and surgery defense!
     I am so thankful for a second chance at life. I am blessed to be experiencing things I never thought I would be able to do in my previous body. I thank God daily for my husband and best friend, the person who has loved me through thick and thin, supported me and lifted me up, no matter what size jeans I was wearing.

    
 

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! This is so awesome! I am so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete