Makayla and I just returned home from San Antonio. We went with Amarillo Youth Girls Concert Choir on The Alamo Tour 2015.
We left way before sunrise on Friday morning. James was sweet enough to get up with us and make us breakfast for the road. He held down the fort while we were gone. They apparently had a blast on "guys weekend." They played endless hours of video games, watched Netflix, stayed up late and ate pizza and wings.
 |
| on the bus headed out of Amarillo |
We arrived in San Antonio Friday afternoon and checked into our hotel and headed for the RiverWalk.
 |
| getting our directions before heading to the Alamo |
 |
| just because you couldn't walk past this guy without taking his picture |
We walked a few blocks from where the buses dropped us off to The Alamo
 |
| U.S. Post Office across from the Alamo |
 |
| Amarillo Girl Concert Choir 2014-2015 |
I went as a chaperone and had three girls in my group including Makayla, it was fun because all of my girls are in the same class at Vista Academy.
After we toured the Alamo we headed for the Riverwalk and the girl's chose to have dinner at Rainforest Cafe.
We saw Annie Friday night at The Majestic Theater.
This has to be the most beautiful theater I have ever been in. It even had the old fashioned glass box office out front. The play was wonderful as well!
Saturday morning we were up early and headed for The Bluebonnet Festival for competition.
The girls sang beautifully!!
They walked out with the top trophy for Outstanding Performance and a superior rating from the judges. We are so proud of their hard work!
Saturday afternoon was full of fun at Six Flags Fiesta Texas!
Our view from the top of the Ferris Wheel.
We had a blast on the rides, shopping and hanging out with everyone! Makayla got really wet on some of the rides.
After Six Flags we had dinner at Magic Time Machine. I can't believe I have never eaten at one of these, it was so much fun!! We laughed the whole time. It was non stop entertainment!
King Julian was one of our waiters as well as Gaston and GI Joe.
 |
| they don't use a pitcher to refill your drinks, they use a barrel |
 |
| Gaston looking for Belle |
 |
| this is what happens when you ask for a refill |
 |
| King Julian and Lady GaGa |
 |
| Peter Pan having a cake eating contest with the girls |
 |
| they had some really cool decor |
 |
| King Julian "eating his dinner" off of Mr. P's head! |
We headed home Sunday morning and by dinner I was loving on all my boys. We had a fabulous time. The girls worked hard and won big. I am so blessed I was chosen to chaperone. It was a weekend full of fun and fellowship.
No comments:
Post a Comment