Tuesday night his friend Quentin and his parents came by and give David a gift for having surgery.
It was really sweet of them and David loves his new tractor.
Tuesday morning I woke up, got myself ready and the big kids prepped for school, woke James up and we grabbed David on the way out the door. Thankfully, Papa John came over and got the big kids up and drove them to school since they were still sound asleep when we left. We got checked in and David played while we waited.
They called us back and we changed him and got him ready for the OR. The hospital even gave him a stuffed animal.
It was about this time that he started getting sleepy and wanted some milk. I rocked him for a minute and he was just about asleep when Dr. Wright our ENT, the anesthesiologist and the OR nurse all came in to talk to us and before we knew it the OR nurse was carrying him back. He didn't cry, he had his paci and blanket and was content.
They moved James and I to his recovery room and I checked the time on my watch, it was 7:30am. At 7:50am, Dr. Wright came to see us and tell us everything went beautifully and David would be right out. Five minutes later, James and I were getting anxious waiting on him and then we heard him crying before we ever saw him. One of the nurses carried him in wrapped in his blanket. He put David in my arms and it reminded me so much of that day in the NICU when I held him for the first time. David had a cup of gatorade and by 8:30am we were on our way home.
He slept for a while that morning but he ate, drank and played with his new toys for the rest of the day. He received new toys from us as well. Our sweet friend Lisa knocked on our door in the afternoon with dinner. It was such a blessing because although James and I napped with David, we were all very tired and out of sorts.
By last night he was back to his normal self and today you wouldn't know anything happened. We were so blessed by every ones calls, texts, gifts and dinner. On Sunday night some of our friends even stopped and prayed over David. We are surrounded by some truly amazing people.












No comments:
Post a Comment