We had a great time loving on each other this Valentine's Day. we celebrated all weekend long. James had some work to do in Albuquerque overnight Friday and asked if I would join him. We always jump at the chance to getaway alone.
The grandparents stepped in for us, big time. Stephanie went to James Henry's party at school and Roland and Dawn did school pick up as well as take James Henry to gymnastics.
As for James and I, we ate great food, saw the Deadpool movie and played at Dave and Buster's.
While he worked on Saturday I relaxed, had some Starbucks and did some damage at the mall.
On Sunday we made homemade pizzas with the kids after church and cupid floats.
That night we went to the banquet at church. The youth served as the wait staff and Makayla was our waitress. She has just grown up right before our eyes. Her outfit came from my closet!
Everything was beautifully done that night.
Here we are drinking our sparkling cider.
Pepperoni bread made to look like roses.
We had a guest speaker and the youth put on a skit for us. Makayla was the evil queen in their version of Snow White.
The guest speaker asked the husbands to pray over their wives and when James and I were done, I snapped this picture of the amazing couples we call our friends and James praying with one of the precious older women in our church.
Then there was the newlywed game.... we almost had to play but a couple was married one more year than us!
So proud of our youth, they did a great job!
James and I with our table pals, our associate pastor Greg and his wife Joy.
It was a great weekend. We don't normally do big things on Valentines. Although, I did get James a Fit Bit. Ha!
The kids did get little gifts from us but it is just a day to love on each other and that is what we did.








No comments:
Post a Comment