Friday, September 9, 2011

Writer....

This is a re-blog but it really spoke to me and it explains how I feel alot, my thanks to the writer!

I’m not really a writer.”
I say this to people all the time. It goes something like this, “Oh, I’m not really a writer, not a ‘writer, writer’. I have ideas, but I’m not a writer.”
Chop.
I just chop myself off at the knees every time.

I disqualify myself. I believe my core lie that I’m not good enough, in this case, to be a writer. But I’m not going to say that anymore because I’m learning something. Being a writer doesn’t mean I have perfect grammar. Being a writer doesn’t mean I have to write like the writers I admire. Being a writer doesn’t mean I always like to write. Being a writer doesn’t mean I have to write long blog posts.

Being a writer means…
I write.
And I do that, I write. And I believe that God has a message for me to share with women, and so I write it.

What do you do that you disqualify yourself from? Might I encourage you to do the thing, and be the thing, and not be afraid to say it? You are.
By Sarah Mae, writer.

No comments:

Post a Comment