This was us on July 22nd, 2001. 11 years ago.
This is us July 22nd 2003, 9 years ago. It was our 2nd wedding anniversary and the day James came home from Iraq.
This was us today, July 22, 2012 on our 11th wedding anniversary!
Other than the obvious facts, some weight has been gained and hair colored changed. These two people are far from the two kids in the picture from 11 years ago.
Today was truly all in God's hands! We are normally teaching in our 5.6 class but today decided that it was covered and we would go to Sunday School. During the month of July our church has a combined Sunday School class in the fellowship hall. We got our seats and were talking to some friends. When the lesson began, I was instantly emotional! The lesson was on Baptism, this is the same lesson from last summer that our youth pastor taught that left me an emotional mess and led me to get Baptized and furthermore give my testimony to our church.
Little did I know this same lesson from the same time last summer that moved me would also move in such a way for James, you see he was working last summer when God put this message in my life.
I should tell you more about the lesson.. they both talked about why our church believes and practices what it does about Baptism and what the bible says about Baptism. For James and I we were both baptized on the wrong end of our salvation. We were both saved and baptized as kids but neither one of us were really saved and changed until about 5 years ago. That is when we rededicated or what I call my real Salvation. We had truly been saved a few years ago but never followed up in Baptism. My time was last summer, his time was today after he said he had heard the same message 3 times in the last several months and knew God was talking to him, loud and clear.
We sat through the lesson and he did say to me at one point that "He is talking to me" but said nothing else, after the lesson was over James was gone! So I went down to our 5.6 class and a few minutes later James came and found me. I could actually hear his heart racing as he told me 'Im going to get baptized today, this morning, right now!" My first reaction was" right now?" "I don't have a camera!" "I'm not prepared!" However divine intervention stepped in and I just shut my mouth and said "OK!" This was his moment with God.
When James disappeared he had actually gone to talk to our pastor and our pastor said to him "why wait?, lets do it now!" And so they did.....
I just thought James coming home from Iraq was my favorite anniversary, that was until today. I am a blessed blessed girl!!

No comments:
Post a Comment