Wow! I am way behind on blogging. We have had so much going on, so I'll just start here.
Oasis Kidz Camp 2012
Last year James and I had the privilege to go to youth camp with our church and it was life-changing in so many ways. This year since we are now part of the children's ministry we were blessed to go to camp with all the kids. It was Makayla's third year at church camp and Christopher was finally old enough to go!
The theme this year was W3, based on the book, Not A Fan. W3 stands for wherever, whenever and whatever. It comes from Luke 9:57-62. It was fabulous! Although camp is for the kids, I saw the sponsors being touched and changed as well. Verse 62 is where it came full circle for me. Luke 9 verse 62 says.. And Jesus said unto him, No man, having put his hand to the plough, and looking
back, is fit for the kingdom of God.
Wow! You have no idea what this verse did for me! (See blog post, Home is where the Heart is, to get the back story). I have spent the last four years in Amarillo looking back at Louisiana, at our church in Louisiana, at my friends, just looking back in general! I have probably missed out on some awesome things because I wasn't living in the place God put me. That was such a huge lighbulb verse for me! God put us here and has blessed us abundantly. I need to live for him and do the work he has for me without holding the plow and looking back.
Camp is alot of business and a whole lot of fun! We had a blast, forged some new bonds, and most of all wrote 2 names in the Book of the lamb! We have never been so tired though, I may still be recovering, but I would do it all again!


No comments:
Post a Comment