James and I camped out one night alone. It was so nice to unplug from the world and sit by the fire.
James killed his first two deer while he was there. He killed his first one after only being in the stand for about 20 minutes.
The biggest surprise of the week was finding out we apparently gave birth to a bonafide redneck!
| my guys in the stand |
He even asked me at one point "Mom, Do you think I am a redneck?" When I answered with a yes, he said "Yes, awesome!"
He stirred the fire, wore his camouflage, showed his little brother around camp one day when we came to visit. He is already making plans to spend his summer in the woods! Most of all he spent bonding time with this man, his great papa.
These moments are irreplaceable.On Thanksgiving day we spent time with the people who mean the most to us. We also played a friendly backyard game of football. I hope these are the moments my kids look back on.
Thanksgiving was also James' 31st birthday!
We had an amazing time and made some precious memories with our kids.
No comments:
Post a Comment