James and the kids stayed behind for two reasons Makayla had her STAAR test (Texas state testing) and his mom already had plans to fly in and spend Easter with us. It was hard for me to go without them and miss Easter with them but I have an amazing husband and he put me on that plane and ran this house like the Super Dad that he is for an entire week! I never had to worry about things here and I was able to concentrate on my mom. He is a huge blessing to me.
James, the kids and his mom had a great Easter! Our church children's ministry had a surprise waiting on them Easter morning.
They loved it and had fun looking for the eggs!
My blessings on Easter Sunday...
| 2 good-looking studs |
GG and her grand babies
They had a great Easter and James cooked a big meal for everyone including my Dad.
James' mom aka GG stayed for a few days and they had a blast!
I know she was a big help to James and they really enjoyed spending time with her.
While I was home, I did find joy and perks in seeing and loving on all those nephews of mine!
John's funeral was on Tuesday April 2nd and it was beautiful.
You can view his obituary and photo gallery here:
I am so thankful I was able to stay with my mom until Friday. John will be missed greatly. He was wonderful to my mom, he bought her love and happiness and my children loved him dearly. In times like these we can only lean on God's word and I am standing firm on it!
Hebrews 4:16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.
I find peace in knowing John's homecoming was on Easter weekend, what an amazing time to go to Heaven.
No comments:
Post a Comment