Tuesday, March 19, 2013

A big change and a new beginning

James and I have been praying and thinking alot about school for our children next year. We actually started trying to make a decision about school next year in January!
Our kids have been in a private Christian school for the past two years and we have loved it! It has been a huge blessing in our lives to be surrounded by other Christian parents, for our kids to be loved on and taught by wonderful Godly teachers. They grew leaps and bounds in their spiritual walks the last two years. It was hard for us to come to the conclusion that we were going to look for a new school.
We had pretty much decided to homeschool next year when God put Vista Academy in our lives. We honestly didn't know that much about it but I had a friend whose child goes there so I contacted her and she encouraged us to meet with the principal. So we sat up a meeting for a Wednesday afternoon.
As soon as James and I walked in the principal's office I could see his seminary degree hanging on the wall. I took it as a sign from God! James and I talked to Mr. Griffin for almost an hour and then toured the school. We felt so good about everything we were hearing and seeing. So good in fact, we scheduled to bring the kids back that same afternoon for a tour and to take their placement tests.
The kids loved it! The curriculum at Vista is reading based and self-pased and if you know my children this is perfect for them! They did over the top on their placement tests! James and I decided to go ahead and apply for the school and see what happened. We had been told there was a waiting list to get in and The principal told us there was one 5th grade spot left for next year so we went home and prayed for God's will.
On the following Friday we got a phone call from Vista saying that a family was moving over Spring Break whose children were in the same grades as ours(total God thing), and they would love to have our kids start after Spring Break!
James and I were a little hesitant since we weren't planning on changing them before finishing this school year but we decided to go ahead and change them since there is a waiting list at Vista and we really felt it was perfect for our kids and it was obviously all being orchestrated by God.
Yesterday we said good-bye to our SJCA family. It was a bitter-sweet day saying good-bye to people and a school we really loved and that had been such a blessing to our family.

This morning the kids started their first day at Vista Academy. They were very excited and everyone was so welcoming and kind! It is a great feeling as a parent to be so sure that a decision you made on behalf of your kids was orchestrated by God.



1 comment:

  1. So happy for you. We will miss seeing you guys each day!

    ReplyDelete