We moved to Amarillo almost four years ago and after James was in the Marine Corp for eight years this is our first real true home. What makes Amarillo home is that we have planted roots and those roots start with our precious church family. Actually, they are not church family they are just family.
Right now our family is in true grief. On Saturday God welcomed home two of our precious souls, one who was here only a few hours and once who graced us for 50 years. We are all searching for comfort and answers in this time. I don't believe there are answers just faith that our Savior has a plan for all of us and if we allow him too he will show us what he has designed for us.
These are His words that I have found comfort in the last few days, I pray they also bring comfort to my family.
Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace;that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need
Hebrews 4:16
and He will wipe away every tear from their eyes: and there will no longer be any death:there will no longer be any mourning, or crying, or pain:
Revelation 21:4
Then we who are alive and remain will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air,and so we shall always be with the Lord
I Thessalonians 4:17
For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon me, and I will hear you. You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all of your heart.
Jeremiah 29:11-13
and finally The Lord's Prayer:
The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures. He leads me beside still waters. He restores my soul. He leads me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Even though I walk through the valley ...of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; you anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life, and I shall dwell in the house of the Lord forever. (Psalm 23:1-6 ESV)
I love your heart Allison!
ReplyDelete