Day 2 found us up early and ready for our first full day in NYC.
We started the morning off with church service at Brooklyn Tabernacle.
We actually did a small group bible study in the Spring from the pastor of Brooklyn Tabernacle so to know it's history and then be able to walk into the building and see it in person was wonderful.
The choir!! Most everyone has heard of the Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir but I have never experienced worship like that before. It was amazing!! You could feel God's presence in that place.
The church itself was just simply gorgeous.
I love this picture. My simple self from Texas just can't fathom that there is so little parking somewhere that they built a Ferris wheel for a parking structure.
After we left church we walked a few blocks and had lunch.
We then drove to another part of town.
This is the United Nations Headquarters.
We went to Rockefeller Center. I love Christmas, really really love Christmas and that tree was on my bucket list.
This is the Saks 5th Avenue Building.
The Lego store is actually in Rockefeller Center and I knew I wanted to get Chris a souvenir there.
Besides, I love the Lego store.
The view of the tree from the checkout line!
I wanted to bring him home a NYC Lego and the UN building was perfect since we just saw it that morning.
He put it together the day after we got home!
We took in all the sights around there. NBC and Radio City Music Hall as well as several stores along the way.
CBS offices...
This is Tiffany's next to Trump Tower.
Our next stop was the Plaza Hotel.
We went in and downstairs for a snack. Makayla had frozen yogurt and I had a delicious made in front of us crepe with Nutella and bananas. Yum!
Outside of the Plaza Hotel with our group...
Across from the Plaza is Central Park! Six of us decided to take a guided tour of the park so we could see as much as possible.
It was everything I dreamed it would be.
The Central Park carousel...
Balto's statue...
the fountain that inspired the Friends introduction....
The Tavern on the Green....
The bridge from Home Alone and Elf..
Strawberry Fields and the John Lennon Memorial...
After Central Park it was dinner and when in New York you must have pizza. It was great!
After dinner we headed back to NYSUM to prepare for some street ministry.
We loaded our van with blankets and blessing bags for the homeless.
On our way we passed the Empire State Building it was blue and white this night for Hanukkah.
We actually ministered right in front of Penn Station and Madison Square Garden. We passed out blankets and bags to as many people as possible. It was strange to see that right there in such a busy populated area there were people with nowhere to rest their head or a place to get warm. It was a night to certainly reflect on my own blessings.




























No comments:
Post a Comment