Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Cousin Camp

 After we returned from vacation I met my mom half way and exchanged Makayla for 2 of our nephews for what we like to call Cousin Camp!
 As soon as we got back into Amarillo we picked up James and Christopher and went to the movies to see Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows. It was neat for me because their dad and I watched the original when we were their age. James' meme was so sweet and bought all the boys new shirts to wear to the movies.
 The next day we had tickets to see WWE Live!!
 It was crazy fun with these boys! They had so much fun. They were yelling things like "Off the top rope" "Get him where it hurts"  I managed to get them all new matching shirts for WWE as well!
 James and I had more fun watching them than the actual event.


 I am really surprised after we took 4 boys to watch wrestling that we made it the whole week without any injures and nothing was broken in the house.

 That evening James grilled hamburgers and hot dogs for dinner and everyone enjoyed some water gun wars.
 Even the puppy!







 David goes up the slide and down the slide...over and over.


That week Christopher was at a camp every afternoon so we would drop him off and go do something in town.
 On Monday we went to the Splash Pad.









 There were alot of light saber duels that week. Devin and Owen were so great with David.




 Tuesday we played at the Discovery Center....






 That evening Chris had the idea to rent Nacho Libre and have nachos for dinner. It was a success and once again I am surprised nothing was broken. The movie hyped them up so much, I sent them out to the trampoline.
 On Wednesday we went to the indoor playground, had frozen lemonades from Sonic, and rented Zootopia.







 On Thursday I wasn't feeling that great so we ordered pizza and rented some Redbox movies.
 Friday afternoon James Henry had gymnastics and Chris was at camp so I was able to spend some alone time with Devin and Owen. They asked to go to Barnes & Noble to buy some new books.
I will never say no to buying books!!
 Then we had blizzards and treats at Dairy Queen.
 We were kind enough to bring James Henry and Chris back some as well...
 We really really enjoyed having the boys here and I hope we made some memories for these cousins they can always look back on.
I was sad to meet for an exchange but this time I drove back alone. Christopher and James Henry rode back to Shreveport with my mom.


While we were enjoying cousin camp, Makayla was hanging out with her Nonna, Meme, cousin Sarah and her Pop.
My mom along with her best friend and granddaughter took Makayla to New orleans for a few days. 

 Makayla sent me a text that read "Nonna took us to Bourbon Street and I will never go there again, I saw a half naked lady and a man next her in his underwear"!! Now those are memories to make with your grandmother! Ha!




 Makayla was texting with James and part of their conversation was "Nonna taught me to be 12 so I could get in all the museums for cheaper! My mom is never going to live that down.














 I know they had a lot of fun touring the Big Easy and I am grateful Makayla was able to go have some girl time and make memories for herself that week.


No comments:

Post a Comment