It was pretty much like a honeymoon for us. We went on several dates, worked on some projects, shopped, and just had a great relaxing week.
Meme and Pop bought the kids home on Saturday and they were exhausted from a fun week. James Henry fell asleep on the couch and slept 15 hours straight!
Sunday morning we went to church and then came home to prepare for a Father's Day/Birthday celebration. James went to lunch with his dad on Friday and surprised him with tickets to a Cubs game in Denver. The kids and I gave James some new stuff for his "lounge" aka man cave.
Meme, Pop, Sarah. John & Steph joined us that afternoon. Everyone played Wahoo.
We spent the afternoon visiting and catching up.
The food was awesome as always. James grilled steak, hamburgers and hotdogs and there was plenty of other food.
Father's Day was also John's 60th birthday.
The cake James picked was pretty cool....
I know how rare it is for 4 generations to be under one roof and I felt so honored that day to have everyone in our home and all together for the first time in 2 years.
I know my kids are always going to be able to look back and tell stories of the time they were able to spend with not only their grandparents but their great-grandparents. We are truly blessed.











No comments:
Post a Comment