Saturday, September 10, 2016

Labor Day Weekend


Labor Day weekend was so much fun! My best friend Ashley came and spent the weekend with us! She was here over New Years with her family so to have her visit twice in one year was so exciting. Her husband and son dropped her off Friday on their way to a hunt in New Mexico.
Pretty soon after she arrived (with James holding down the fort) we headed to the Palo Duro Canyon. We drove down to the bottom and looked around and then we headed to do something I have been wanting to do for a while now, zip line across! 

 The zip line was an awesome experience. I was scared when we got to the top but the view was incredible and once I took off I felt very secure. I actually can't wait to do it again!




 We finished Friday with some shopping and dinner just us girls. It was a special day for sure.

Saturday morning James' parents came and sat with the kids so James could join us for the day. We went to the Amarillo Community Market.


 Went antiquing on 6th street, shopped for our little miss tiny and had some fabulous pizza for lunch. Oh, and we also hit up the mall! We spent the rest of the day watching college football.
 Sunday Ashley went to church with us and then her hubby and son joined us Sunday afternoon. James did some grilling and we spent the day hanging out. Tyler did some rabbit hunting off our front porch and we made a run to Sonic at 9pm for ice cream!

Our kids had a great weekend as well. Christopher went with his friend on Friday night to bowling and dinner. On Sunday after church Makayla went to a movie with her grandparents and Christopher and James Henry went to Wonderland Amusement park with our friends from church and then to McDonald's.  I am so thankful for fabulous people who love our children so much.









 On Monday after Ashley and her family headed back to Shreveport, James and I had a date day! We enjoyed a movie and lunch! We LOVE our time alone!
Labor Day weekend is usually nothing special in the Lis house but this year it was amazing. I am so thankful for my time with my best friend since first grade. I am also thankful that our crazy house full of 5 kids didn't scare her off!

I am so glad all of us had a weekend full of love & joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment