Two weeks ago today we welcomed a sweet soul into our family.
God's timing is always always perfect. We had been actively waiting for a placement since we returned home from Vegas the first of July and then James suddenly had gallbladder surgery the first of August. During the 2 weeks he was so sick leading up to surgery and the weeks following I asked Bucker not to call us so I could concentrate on my family and making sure James was healing and well.
James and I talked over the weekend of August 19th and decided on Monday August 22nd we would give Buckner the green light to activate us again. We didn't even concentrate on the fact that August 22nd is the day we bought David home 2 years ago.
Just 2 days later all of our waiting would be over....
2 years and 2 days to the anniversary of David's homecoming my phone rang around 11am and our case managers name showed on my phone, I was so excited. James and I said yes to a beautiful 8 month old baby girl. They told us it would be really late that night before she arrived so we had plenty of time to prepare. When I was at Wal Mart picking up some things I snapped this picture of my basket. We have an almost identical picture from the same Wal Mart from the day we picked up David from the hospital.
She smiles all the time and she is drama queen. She can fake cry to try and get her way! I am enjoying all the bows and outfits, everyday is like playing dress up! James keeps coming home with girlie super hero clothes for her. Today she laughed out loud for the first time. Who knew fake sneezing was so funny?!
One day I hope to be able to share her story in more detail because I already know it is going to be amazing and God will be glorified through it. I found out last week that 10 other families in the Texas Panhandle said yes to her too but God chose us and we are incredibly honored and blessed.
It is too early for us to even guess what God's plan is for her life or what her case is going to look like but I know his timing is perfect and his plans flawless so for now we will rest in those truths and enjoy snuggling with our precious girl!

No comments:
Post a Comment