August 7, 2011 was possibly the scariest day of my life so far. I shared with my church family, the world and my children my testimony. I was nervous about being so open and honest. I was worried about people's thoughts about me after knowing who I truly used to be. I was however totally blessed by sharing my life. I received so many kind words and encouragement and for some reason God used me to bless other people lives. It was amazing, humbling and life-changing.
A few weeks prior to that day I found myself sitting in church listening to our youth pastor talk about baptism and what it means and why we do it. This made me think about my own baptism and really made me take a hard look at my life and my salvation. I really felt the guilty pull of needing to get baptized but most of all to make sure I was saved to secure my salvation in God's eyes.
You see I was baptized as a child but only because my friends were doing it, and I have no good memories of that day nor did it start me on a walk with Christ. I found myself crying and on my knees that day after hearing the sermon, I was tired of carrying the quilt of my life, the shame of my past and the worry that the salvation I had accepted in my youth wasn't real enough to secure my salvation. So there I was on my knees crying and asking Jesus to come into my heart once and for all. It is amazing how quickly a lifetime of guilty sin can be lifted off your shoulders. I knew that once I had my salvation secure and God knew how I felt that I needed to follow it baptism.
So on Sunday morning August 7, 2011 I stood in front of my church family, my two oldest children, and my brother and after sharing a videotape of my testimony my wonderful husband James baptized me. I don't know if I can tell you how I felt. It was amazing I really soaked in every second, I knew it was a memory I wanted to carry all my life. I am so blessed to have a God loving, God serving husband who held my hand the whole time and spoke so well of me and baptized me that day.When he raised me up and said "raised to walk in newness of life" I really was a new person, my past, my sin all forgiven and left in that water.
How blessed am I! I am purely a sinner, saved by Grace, saved by the precious blood of Christ! Thank you God for sending and sacrificing your son to die on the cross for a sinner like me!
No comments:
Post a Comment