Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Christmas 2016

I am about 5 months behind on blogging but I have been keeping a list of what I needed to blog about so this is my first one back and here's to getting caught up and staying caught up!

Christmas was different for us last year, we were struggling with our role of foster parents and we had two babies under two so we did not get out much but we had each other and at the end of the day that is all that matters.

James stayed with the babies so I could be at all the older kids Christmas parties at school.
I had a great time driving Christopher's class to their party at the main campus of our church.


James Henry's class had a Polar Express movie party and treats in the school gym. Makayla did the high school thing and didn't really want me around.
Since Christmas was on a Sunday this year and we wanted to devote that morning to church, we changed up our traditions a bit. We (the 7 of us) celebrated our Christmas on the evening of the 23rd and the morning of Christmas Eve and we just treated them like they were the actual days.

We woke up to Christmas tree pancakes and Christopher finally broke open the syrup James and I bought him back from our Detroit trip.
We opened up our Christmas Eve box, which had new pajamas for everyone and the box set of the Santa Clause movies.

We spent the rest of that day watching movies, drinking hot chocolate and baking Christmas goodies.





That night per tradition James read the Night Before Christmas story to the kids.

Then while they were sleeping, James and I went to work in the house.

The next morning bought Christmas joy to the Lis house!

Makayla found the Christmas pickle!

opening stockings....












opening gifts....





Our Little Miss Tiny was blessed by so many people during Christmas.




David was terrified of this toy, which is a remote control Hulk car. He was so terrified of it that we gave it away!

Pokemon Sun and Moon DS games 








This was the aftermath......


David enjoying some cinnamon rolls while I continued  to survey the damage...


The kid's new yeti cups...

Chris organizing his Pokemon cards
David loved his Paw Patroller!

playing with all their new goodies....


We had dinner that night, just the 7 of us.
On what was actually Christmas day, we spent the morning at Church and then had lunch with Roland and Dawn.  David's fireman gifts were a big hit!!!

















Christopher put together his Yellow Submarine Lego set pretty quickly. 

James drinking coffee in his new shirt.

Yes, he napped that day in all his gear.
That evening John and Stephanie joined us for dinner. 



 Steph made James Henry a blanket with pugs on it.





 For dinner we had Chicken and Waffles!

 During the Christmas season Makayla had a school choir Christmas concert.

 and James and I helped our Sunday School do a remodel project on our churches Youth Room.

It was a blessed season and one we are thankful for, for many reasons. 

No comments:

Post a Comment