Thursday, May 8, 2014

A Second Chance

In the last year God has given James a second chance at a relationship with his dad. In April 2013 Roland moved here to Amarillo and as I sit here and reflect I can see it was all orchestrated by God.
  They were given a chance to have a real relationship, for the first time ever they lived in the same state and actually Roland just lives a few miles away. Our kids were given a grandparent to be in their everyday life and they have built a loving relationship with their PawPaw Roland!
  Most importantly Roland was given a second chance this year to gain the most important relationship any of us can have, a relationship with his Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. It has been a privilege for me to see the change in him, to see the fire in him, to listen and see how God was working in his life.
  A few weeks ago Roland completed a year long journey in recovery and healing. We are so very proud of him and grateful he is in our lives. It was a wonderful day and a day he worked really hard for.

 He chose for James to speak on his behalf and I couldn't be more proud of my husband. His words were sincere and he gave all the Glory to God!


 It was awesome to see so many of his friends pray over him and tell stories about him.
I am so thankful that Roland moved here to Amarillo.
I am thankful for second chances and thankful to the God who provides them over and over again. This seems best summed up by my favorite bible verse.....

2 Corinthians 5:17  Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new


Yes, Thank you Jesus for making us new!

No comments:

Post a Comment