One Saturday evening in May took a sad turn for us, we were prepping for dinner and I was getting something out of the fridge and David stuck his hand in the back outside of the door but I did not know until I shut the fridge door.
We wrapped it tightly, scooped him up and James drove to urgent care with me riding in the back beside David.
Let's just say the whole ordeal, was much harder on me than it was on David. The urgent care staff cleaned it really well and x-rayed it and started him on antibiotics. Nothing was broken so we just had to follow up with our doctor.
When your mom has horrible guilt, you get any toy you want from Wal-Mart!
We followed up with our doctor that same week and he was really impressed with how well it looked. David had 6 weeks of no playing in the dirt and no swimming and James and I had to keep it bandaged and cleaned for 4 weeks.
He did lose the nail but I can say he made a full recovery!





No comments:
Post a Comment